Frequently Asked Questions
Silicone is a formulation of inorganic rubbers made by linking silica atoms. Silicone was developed for its superior reliability, long life and extreme temperature adaptability and stability. Ludy’s Kitchen Silicone Baking Mats are made of fiberglass mesh and the highest quality food grade silicone. The specially designed mesh works with the silicone to provide consistent heat distribution and promotes even baking and browning.
Yes, Ludy’s Kitchen Silicone Baking Mats are FDA-approved and LFGB certified. Conforming to these high standards makes our silicone mats 100% safe.
- They are reusable, and therefore, environment-friendly. It replaces the need for parchment or wax papers, oil or grease sprayers.
- Nothing sticks to it, so, clean-ups are easy.
- They are safe up to 480 F, perfect for all types of baking and candy making.
- And you can choose the 3-Pc set, which comes in 2 sizes; the half-sheet is perfect for home oven while the quarter-sheet can be used in your microwave oven.
- You can leave your mat on the pan that you used and pour warm soapy water on it. Let it stand for a minute, this is the best way to remove the grease on it.
- Remove the mat from the pan, hold it under the faucet and rinse with water. No scrubbing is needed, if you must, use a soft cloth or sponge.
- After washing your silicone baking mats, roll them and stand on end to let it air-dry, before storing them.
- Never use knives or sharp tools to clean, remove or cut on the silicone mats.
- Do not cut the silicone mats as the fiberglass mesh particles might migrate into the food.
- Never use the silicone mats on direct heat, stovetops or hot plates. Never use them on the bottom of an oven, on a grill or with a broiler.
Still have questions? Send us a note, use the form below.